Did you know that the first annual Atlanta Museum Week is underway right now? It’s your opportunity to visit more than 35 popular Atlanta cultural attractions for reduced admission or free.
From April 25-May 1, 2015, twenty-eight museums citywide are offering 2-for-1 admission, including World of Coca Cola, the College Football Hall of Fame, and the High Museum of Art. Eight more museums are completely free!
To experience the fun, simply:
- Visit atlanta.net/museumweek to view the full list of locations.
- Download your coupon.
- Bring a friend and enjoy!
Each coupon admits two people for the price of one ticket to any of the participating locations. Once you download the coupon, you can present it at multiple museums; this is the perfect time to see as many as you can! There is something for everyone, so take this opportunity to bring your family and friends to explore your favorite museums, as well as discover museums that are new to you. Get started today – and spread the word using #atlmuseumweek!
View the full list here, but here are a few categories to get you started:
- Booth Western Art Museum
- Callanwolde Fine Arts Center,
- High Museum of Art,
- Museum of Design Atlanta
- Museum of Contemporary Art of Georgia
- Oglethorpe University Museum of Art
- Spelman College Museum of Fine Art
- The Center for Puppetry Arts
- The Children’s Museum of Atlanta
- World of Coca-Cola
- Delta Flight Museum
- The Breman Museum
- Hammonds House Museum
- Historic Oakland Cemetery
- Jimmy Carter Presidential Library & Museum
- Margaret Mitchell House and
- Michael C. Carlos Museum
- Millennium Gate Museum,
- The Wren’s Nest,
- Fernbank Museum of Natural History
- Fernbank Science Center
- The Georgia Aquarium
- Tellus Science Museum
- CAU Art Galleries
- David J. Sencer CDC Museum
- Georgia Museum of Art
- The King Center
- Martin Luther King, Jr. National Historic Site
- Museum of History and Holocaust at Kennesaw State University
- Robert C. Williams American Museum of Papermaking at Georgia Tech
- Zuckerman Museum of Art at Kennesaw State University.
Before you go, check the Museum Week terms and conditions for more information. Because the deals vary and the museums have various schedules, be sure to visit their website or call to confirm hours. Download your coupon today, and follow the fun on Twitter @ATLMuseumWeek. Be sure to hashtag your photos #atlmuseumweek.
I originally wrote this article for Atlanta.net!